A magnificent 1930’s rail station that still thrives as a major transit hub today. Historical research and preservation were paramount. Once our master plan was adopted, we continued our extraordinary collaboration with Amtrak, SEPTA, PennDOT, SHPO, Baker Engineering, and local civic and cultural groups. It was a four-year process from research and design forensics to completion.
Our sign forms reflect the historical architecture, the typeface and colors are Amtrak standard, and the symbols and icons are SEPTA. Our grand naming gesture—the giant bold letters announcing the landmarked station’s presence—is the first in its 83-year history.